Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hoyt Arboretum

We stopped by the Hoyt Arboretum to get ourselves a big dose of springtime.  We found the cherry trees and wandered among the magnolias.  The magnolias looked strange, with the tops of many trees in full bloom and the bottoms just budding.  The cherries will finish blooming first.  The magnolias will last much longer, and Hoyt has some species that bloom much later than others.  So there is still plenty of time to check them out!

When I was looking at my pictures, I was really pleased with how they turned out.  I thought I'd done a really nice job!  Then I noticed the other set of photos from the arboretum and realized the ones I was looking at were Jasper's.  I actually like his pictures better than mine, and they are posted here: http://mushroomsindisguise.blogspot.com/2015/03/hoyt-arboretum.html.

No comments: