Silver Falls
With a sunny day on our hands, I wanted to take Jasper somewhere really spectacular. We decided on Silver Falls State Park. The Trail of Ten Falls is a wonderful way to see the best parts of this lovely park, and as the rainy season begins, the waterfalls only get better. Usually on our hikes, we have somewhere in particular to go, but for this hike, I wanted to dawdle and stop for whatever caught Jasper's fancy. It was fun! He turned over lots of rocks looking for creepy crawlies, and made me stop to look at nearly every mushroom. The trail behind Middle North Falls is roped off. Walking behind the waterfall is really fun, and I couldn't see anything treacherous in the trail up to that point, so we kept going. The trail didn't look any different to me than it ever has, and was not washed out. When we got home, I did a search expecting to find there had been some sort of accident or lawsuit and turned up nothing there. My guess is that the sasquatch has been asking for more privacy. I can see why he wants this place to himself! It is helpful when you visit this park to stop by the South Falls area to pick up a map of the Trail of Ten Falls. We found one in the lodge.











Comments