Book Joy February 4
This week, here's the books that are filling our world with a bit more joy.
On audiobook in the car: The Chronicles of Prydain by Lloyd Alexander. These were huge favorites of mine as a kid. I'm so glad Jasper is finally enjoying this series too!
Read aloud poetry: The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe.
Jasper just finished: The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan, based on Roman mythology. Jasper's been rereading this series because it's a definite favorite. Rick Riordan has told modern tales of the Greek and Roman gods and also the Egyptian gods. Coming up this October, he's launching a new series with the Norse gods. Now Jasper is reading the book series popular with kids and book-banning folks alike, Captain Underpants.
I just read: The Star of Kazan by Eva Ibbotson. The city of Vienna is described with such loving detail, you'll long to go there. Now I've got a several of her tempting books from which to choose. Good stuff!
What are you reading?







Comments