Painting Summer Shirts
I've been keeping out of trouble, more or less, painting some new summer shirts for my Jasper. As always they are filled with his favorite creatures. Here's a rabbit, before and after, with some mushrooms like the ones that really captured Jasper's imagination on a postcard we received from Finland. (You can give and receive postcards from all over the world through this free postcard exchange http://www.postcrossing.com/ ) I love to find cool illustrations in old books of copyright free images. Most of them are taken from very old engravings.
Jasper loved this turkey he met on a recent field trip to Dolan Creek Farm. It followed the kids all around. This turkey has been featured in many, many of Jasper's own drawings since then, which he made into books. Except for some reason it's always red with green stripes. So he wanted a shirt with a turkey like that.
This little plastic lemur is one of Jasper's favorite toys. It's always up to mischief.
Jasper loves jellyfish, and I knew he'd appreciate one after our recent visit to the Oregon Coast Aquarium.
After I finish painting them, the next step will be to dye them. I used to dye them first, which definitely helped me to make sure my paints were opaque enough. But I find I like the results better when I paint the shirts first and then think about which color I should dye each design.
My hand painted and hand dyed shirts are for sale at: http://www.etsy.com/shop/stagbeetlepower






Comments