Oregon International Air Show

We love the Oregon International Air Show.  We prefer the evening show, because it packs all the excitement into back to back performances that are easier to sit through with little ones,  it's not in the hot sun, and it ends with a giant fireworks and pyrotechnics display.  This year we aimed to arrive right before the performances began so we could avoid milling around in the vendor areas, where my son would doubtless be handed lots of cool giveaways from military recruiters.  Because I come from a long line of men (and women) who proudly served their nation in wartime, I have a great deal of respect for the military.  However, while there are many good reasons for serving in the military, wars aren't glamorous. And I don't want my son to think they are, based on the displays of military might at the air show, both in the air and on the ground.  The air shows are certainly enjoyable, and I hope someday they will be a great starting point for a discussion.  The fireworks display is always one of the best around.









Comments

Popular Posts