Dolan Creek Farm
Our homeschool group had a field trip to Dolan Creek Farm in Boring, OR. It was really wonderful! Farmer Chris told us all about her cows, chickens (she has some as layers and some for meat), turkeys, and goats. The children got to see two-day-old turkey chicks up close, and gathered eggs (both brown and green) from her henhouse. Farmer Chris is an amazing woman. She is one of those women I so wish I could be like, with seemingly boundless energy. She really cares deeply about sustainable agriculture and wants kids to understand where their food comes from. You can see that she's truly making a positive difference in the world- exactly the kind of person I hope my child can learn from! Dolan Creek Farm is a CSA and customers can purchase produce from them all summer, as well as meat and eggs. http://www.dolancreekfarm.com/






Comments