Underwater Adventure!
I've written about Dragon Theater Puppets before, but I just wanted to tell everyone about their summer show, "The Underwater Adventure". It's a totally goofy puppet show in which sea creatures mostly do what sea creatures do in real life- look for smaller critters to munch on, and hide from larger critters that want to munch on them. There's a dramatic oil spill at the end, but it all turns out well (I wish that part was totally accurate!) But the really crazy part is that they had a real aquarium custom made for them so that they could perform the puppet show under real water! After the show, they were obviously a bit pressed for time, yet they patiently answered every single question from an appreciative audience of young children, including how each puppet was made, how one man did all the voices, and how the aquarium works. They post their entire schedule online and there are many performances left this summer. Don't miss it! http://www.dragontheater.com/






Comments