The Joy is Back!
In alignment with my plot to very occasionally post about the wonders of Bollywood, I want everyone to know that the Joy Theatre in Tigard, which is pretty much All Bollywood All The Time, is open for business once again! They are showing Delhi Belly, a really, really good film. It is mostly in English (partially subtitled), has a run time of only 1 hour and 45 minutes, and has only one dance number, as the final credits roll. Yet it could not be anything but Bollywood. It's a very good time. Not for the easily offended, it would certainly be R rated. The title refers to a slang expression for food poisoning. It's about three roommates- a professional photographer, a journalist, and an animator who works in advertising- who share a Delhi apartment, and wind up in a lot of hot water, pursued by a vicious smuggler (played by Vijay Raaz, instantly recognizable as the caterer from Monsoon Wedding). It was produced by Bollywood king Aamir Khan, and stars his nephew, heartthrob Imran Khan.
Rather than post one of its trashy trailers, I think I'll post one of my favorite songs from a film I saw at the Joy Theatre but could never come up with a flimsy excuse to share. Imagine- the scene is a beach in South India, the hero has just saved the heroine from a goon, and suddenly you find them dancing with each other on a mountaintop in Peru, where they sing a song named after a mountain in Africa! Here's to the Joy Theatre!
Rather than post one of its trashy trailers, I think I'll post one of my favorite songs from a film I saw at the Joy Theatre but could never come up with a flimsy excuse to share. Imagine- the scene is a beach in South India, the hero has just saved the heroine from a goon, and suddenly you find them dancing with each other on a mountaintop in Peru, where they sing a song named after a mountain in Africa! Here's to the Joy Theatre!






Comments