Tigard Festival of Balloons

The Tigard Festival of Balloons is something we don't want to miss.  Even though it requires getting up at a positively ungodly hour! This year, Jasper took lots more pictures than I did, and many of these are his. Balloon launches begin right at 5:45AM.  Balloons are unrolled on the lawn and inflated at an astonishing rate, then the pilot and perhaps one or two other people silently rise into the sky.  It is very, very hard for anyone to watch a balloon ascension up close and not long to go with them!  

Comments

Vivian said…
Beautiful pictures - how colorful! And look how handsome and grown up that Jasper looks - it's unbelievable! We miss you guys and all of Portland so much... ahh! BTW, I have now passed down that sweet yellow dragon shirt you painted to Verity. She looks adorable in it with a pink tu-tu skirt! :)
Laura Lucanidae said…
Vivian-
How nice to hear from you dear! We miss you too! You would be surprised how often Jasper mentions Ethan. I was just reading your latest post myself...I'm so glad you are thriving, and that I get to read about it on your blog!

Popular Posts