Candy Science
Jasper and I were so excited to see Loralee Leavitt demonstrate some of her wacky science experiments from her new book Candy Experiments. She got the kids to help her sink marshmallows and collapse them by sucking their air out, make the letters on M&Ms peel off and float, and make conversation hearts float. She showed them how to make a gummy worm grow into a huge snake. And she used the nutrition labels on sugary snacks and breakfast cereal to show its candy equivalent in weight. Jasper found that experiment particularly eye opening. We brought the book home and did even more experiments, which Jasper loved! Now there's an ideal remedy for those "Halloween is over and we have a huge bag of candy we'll have to mostly throw away" blues! The book has very simple, easy to follow directions and covers the topic very thoroughly, with every classic experiment and many more new ones. Results are carefully explained. Check it out!






Comments
I'm also glad that you got a photo. I'm never able to take any (since I'm standing in front) and I always forget to arrange one.