Tie Dye Party


In order to properly herald the arrival of summer, we threw a tie dye party!  It's just one of those things that only seems worth the trouble if you can do it with lots of friends.  We did this last year, and once again, Jasper had a blast!  I get all my supplies (procion dye, soda ash fixer, urea, and professional textile detergent) from Dharma Trading, a company that knows a thing or two about tie dye!  They have been selling such supplies since 1969, in the Bay Area of California.  I like to use red, yellow, blue, and black dyes, and buy my supplies individually, but they do offer many group tie-dye kits that include everything you need.  After enthusiastically dyeing a shirt, several pairs of socks, and even some (gasp!) undies, Jasper proceeded to dye his toes.  Jasper made a great spiral,  I tied the strings tightly, and he was thrilled with the results!

Comments

Sharon said…
What about the beetle that Jasper dyed?
Laura Lucanidae said…
I don't know, but I bet it was a big hit with the ladies!

Popular Posts