Trek in the Park

Disaster strikes when Captain Kirk is buried in tribbles!

The first cute tribble to be
welcomed onto the Enterprise.
Portland, like many large cities, has devoted theater companies that give us free summer Shakespeare in the parks.  But Portland has one thing that other cities don't- free Star Trek in the park!  I've been wanting to take the family to see one of these performances, that have deservedly earned a cult following over the past few years. When I heard the episode they'd chosen this year was "The Trouble with Tribbles", I knew this was the year.  When I learned it was Atomic Art's last year of producing these plays, I knew it was positively mandatory! We joined a very enthusiastic crowd under the St. Johns Bridge to check out the awesomeness.  I'm estimating that the good seats were all taken at least 2 hours before the show began, so bring a picnic and bring binoculars! It's running for two more weekends only, Saturday and Sunday at 5PM August 17, 18, 24, and 25. I've no idea if they will be giving away tribbles after the last show, but I warn you not to take one home!
Aren't they adorable? Little did they know...
Well, one thing Spock likes about them:  they don't talk too much!

Comments

Popular Posts